Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Trust

So I recently purchased a cheap old 40mpg used car to use to commute to work... doing my part to reduce dependency on foreign oil and all that. OK, really I just wanted to save money on fuel. Anyhow, the seller had forgotten one item when he dropped the car off, but assured me he'd drop it off later. Against my better judgement, I agreed. It's been nearly a week full of excuses and him dodging my calls now and still no go. Of course, I didn't get anything in writing, so I'm SOL. Not really a big deal, it's just the principal of the thing that bugs me.

I have a new boss at work. She's female and about my age. My wife, who has never been the jealous type, thinks she "wants me." Today, I got a card from my boss thanking me for some extra effort I put in at work recently and my wife is suspicious. It's a new policy throughout the corporation for management to make more of an effort to recognize employees and this is her effort. It's not doing much for my morale at the moment.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

1 comment:

Carol Anne said...

Yeah, for the guy who sold you the car, unless it's something that affects the safety or driveability of the car, it's probably not worth bothering about.

Where the boss in concerned, I'd bet the company gave her some instructions to "get friendly" with the employees she supervises, but didn't give her directions about exactly how to do that. Her communications with you might, therefore, have contained some words and phrases that implied something less than innocent, even though she didn't mean anything like that.

To keep the wife happy, tell her about all of this. And if she's still worried the boss "wants you," do whatever it takes to make clear to the wife that you want her, not the boss.